Rick McRae said:

>I wonder if the apparent contradiction between the examples found in
>7.23.1.3, "Recording Performers, Narrators and/or Presenters" which are
>represented in the 511 field, and the punctuation rule expressed in
>Appendix D.1.2.1: "Precede each mark of prescribed punctuation by a
>space and follow it by a space.."

I agree with Daniel Paradis, as opposed to the two Johns, that if one
is using ISBD, the ISBD directions for space semicolon space should
apply to notes.  Just as we fall back on the _Chicago Manual of Style_
where rules fail us, so too we should refer to the ISBDs.

The problem from my point of view is that RDA acceptance of captured
data as is, even in 245, destroys consistency.  At least we should
have consistency in RDA examples as preferred practice.