Thanks to all who have responded thus far.

As a RDA novice, following this discussion, while consulting the
toolkit, related web resources and as many examples via OCLC as I can
consult; it's still rather on the confusing side, as you may imagine. My
use of the term "mixed message" was a tad harsh, but having seen some
RDA records with 511 fields following ISBD and others not doing so, a
question comes up: If I close up the space before a semicolon between
performers, am I correctly interpreting an RDA dictate? Or am I
exercising an option not to follow ISBD? On the other hand, if I keep a
space open, am I incorrectly disregarding an RDA example? Or am I
exercising the option to apply ISBD to 511 ?

Thanks-

Rick

Rick McRae

Catalog / Reference Librarian