Hi All
I am looking at how to deal with children's picture books using RDA rules, and
would like to know what others think.

I think of children's picture books as being co-created by the author and the
illustrator, and I believe it would be a different work if there were different
illustrations, rather than a different expression.

My reading of RDA is that if I believe a person to be a co-creator of a work,
rather than a contributor to an expression, then the only available
relationship designator for the illustrator is "artist".

However, there is an LC-PCC PS stating
"Provide an authorized access point in the bibliographic record for an
illustrator in all cases of resources intended for children. Give the RDA
appendix I designator "illustrator" in MARC 700 subfield $e."

Can anyone help explain this apparent anomaly?
Thank you
Jenny Wright
Development manager
Bibliographic Data Services Ltd.