Heidrun said:

>But I'm not happy that the only alternatives are either "all names"
>(standard rule) or "only the first name" (option). Why shouldn't it be
>equally possible to transcribe, say, the first three, five or ten names
>and then put "[and x others]"? This might be a more satisfactory way of
>dealing with longish lists than reducing them to only one name.

In the case of very long responsibility lists. SLC intends to
transcribe and trace at least the first three in each category.  We
would rarely omit, but if we do, we would use [et # al.] since we
support catalogues with a variety of "languages of the catalogue".

We have not yet set a maximum number to list, but may do so, perhaps
10?