Each of the "X__ Headings--General Information" sections (i.e., X00, X10, X11, X30) in MARC Bibliographic has the instruction about the ending punctuation. Each one says in the punctuation section at the bottom:

Fields 100, 600, 700, and 800 [e.g.] end with a mark of punctuation or a closing parenthesis. If the final subfields are subfield $0, $2, $3, $4, or $5, the mark of punctuation or closing parenthesis precedes those subfields.

That covers why there's a full stop after the final $e and not after $4.

I don't know where the instruction for preceding the $e with a comma is to be found, nor the instruction not to include the comma when the field preceding the $e ends with a hyphen.

--
Michael A. Chopey
Head, Cataloging Dept.

phone (808) 956-2753