Deborah said:

>What other mark of punctuation would you use for a relationship designator?

I agree that commas before and between $e relationship terms is fine.

But why not before and between $4 reationship codes?

This seem inconsistent to me, particularly in that we will be exporting
codes as term for some clients.  Guess we will have to program to introduce
the commas?

I agree with Mark that relationship terms and codes are outside the
access points (and would never be in an authority record).  Why look
authority directions for how to punctuate the terms and codes in
access points?   They must also be ignored in hitlist arrangement to
avoid split files.