I would say that, generally, RDA thinks it is more helpful to users to
transcribe a statement of responsibility completely than to omit certain types
of information.

However, I also think that RDA recognizes that in some situations it may not be
helpful to users to transcribe a complete statement of responsibility, hence
the reason for the optional omission.

All this is to say, that if in your judgment you think it would be more helpful
to users to omit portions of the statement of responsibility in certain
situations, then do it. If you think it would be better not to omit information
in other situations, then do that.

Yes, I would agree that LC/PCC would rather you not omit information.  But even
in the LC-PCC PS for 2.4.1.4 gives you an out by saying "generally do not
abridge a statement of responsibility." I take this to mean that you can employ
the option in exceptional situations if you are a PCC library.

So, to go back to your example, you have made the judgment that omitting
portions of the s.o.r. is more helpful to users for *this particular
situation*.  But maybe you would want to include the full s.o.r in other
situations. Seems fien to me.

Damian Iseminger
New England Conservatory