I can see how one would arrive at that reading; I just never took it to
mean that LC would never recognize an artist as a creator for children's
materials.  The more sensible reading, I think--perhaps a bit of a stretch
given the current wording of the PS--is that IF there are illustrations in
the resource BUT they aren't so predominant or integral as to regard the
illustrator as a creator, THEN put the AAP for the illustrator in a 700
field with the relationship designator "illustrator."  I would still rely
on 19.2 for determining who is the creator in any case.

Trina

Trina Pundurs
Serials Cataloger
Library Collection Services
University of California, Berkeley
tpund...@library.berkeley.edu
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/

Proudly wearing the sensible shoes since 1990

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 5:56 AM, Don Charuk <dcha...@torontopubliclibrary.ca