29.07.2013 8:53, Tillett, Barbara:

RDA is about describing bibliographic resources and their
relationships and enabling access to those resources to meet our
users needs.  It is intended to be used as an online tool that can be
consulted as needed once a cataloger has learned the basics.  That is
not different from earlier cataloging codes.
One cannot help but interject: Except for the price.

 What is different, is
that now we can access those instructions online and we can build on
the expertise of thousands of people to help improve those
instructions and vocabularies...
Here, one wonders how many thousands are actually participating in this
way. What statistics are there? How many subscriptions, how many
searches and rule accesses per day? How many participants in
discussions inside the Toolkit environment, having tackled how many
issues? And how many are staying out because of the costs or for other
reasons? Is the latter figure very low or, if not, a matter of concern
for the JSC?
I understand that the online aspect, with all it entails, is something
radically new that will take its time to fully evolve. But still,
making those statistics, and the growth of those figures, available
might create more confidence in this endeavor.

B.Eversberg