From: Joan Wang <jw...@illinoisheartland.org>
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2013 8:53 AM
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Capitalization in 2.9.4.4

I look at corresponding examples in AACR2, they are capitalized.

Also, the following examples in RDA 2.9.4.4 are misleading. The recording or
supplying of the function, such as distributed by and [distributor], is not
necessary in RDA records. The second indicator 2 of 264 fields already
indicates its function.

Distributed by Independent Publishers Group
Distribution by: MapArt Publishing Corporation
Distributed by Coach House Records Ltd.
Voluntary Committee on Overseas Aid & Development [distributor]
Guild Sound and Vision[distributor]

The rule should be changed like this:

2.9.4.4 Record words or phrases indicating the function (other than solely
distributing) performed by a person, family, or corporate body as they appear
on the source of information.

My opinion!

Thanks,

Joan Wang

Illinois Heartland Library System

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 4:54 AM, Heidrun Wiesenmüller
<wiesenmuel...@hdm-stuttgart.de> wrote:

It beats me why the examples in 2.9.4.4 (and other similar rules, e.g.
2.10.4.4) are all capitalized, e.g.:

--

Zhonghong (Joan) Wang, Ph.D.
Cataloger -- CMC