I don't know if this is oversimplification. The way I see it. If you
have Place Name followed by Distributed by, Published by or whatever,
it's entirely logical to capitalize the first word. I can say this is
great. Come. So what. O, no. Each is a separate statement. Regardless
whether Separated by : , by , by . We are not saying Place that is
distributed, or sold by.

Jack
Franciscan University
j...@franciscan.edu

>>> Heidrun Wiesenmüller<wiesenmuel...@hdm-stuttgart.de> 8/8/2013 5:54
AM >>>
It beats me why the examples in 2.9.4.4 (and other similar rules, e.g.

2.10.4.4) are all capitalized, e.g.:
Distributed by New York Graphic Society
Sold by Longman

I cannot find any justification for this in appendix A. It's certainly

not mentioned among the elements where the first word must always be
capitalized.

Corresponding examples in the ISBD consolidated (4.2.5) aren't
capitalized, e.g.:
distributed by Harvard University Press
to be sold by Jas. Gardner

So, is there something I've overlooked, or is this a mistake in RDA?

Heidrun

--
Prof. Heidrun Wiesenmueller M.A.

Scanned by for virus, malware and spam by SCM appliance