From: "Thomas Brenndorfer" <tbrenndor...@library.guelph.on.ca>
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Sent: Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:23:13 AM
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Still doing edition statements for large print?

That is on my to-do list. Because so many other new 655 headings have occupied
my time over the last few years (these are the LC authorized ones), changing
the 650 for Large type books has not been a priority, especially as we get
records from multiple sources, many of which continue to use 650 (including
LC).

It would be about a 15-minute batch job to change just under 5000 large print
bibliographic records.

There does seem to be a need for greater co-ordination between
genre/form/audience 650/655 terms and bibliographic elements (variable and
controlled).

Thomas Brenndorfer
Guelph Public Library