.., the numbering continues on from the duplicated page numbered
>section, rather >than starting from page 1 ...

I was not aware that the 148 sequence continued the numbering of the
second 47, as opposed to beginning with 1; "47" should not be
repeated.

Wouldn't this describe the situation?

300  $acxciv, 47, 148 pages

This reflects what is in the text.  The fact that the first 47 pages
of the 148 sequence has alternate text is not relevant to extent.

I think patrons can add them up!  One difficulty with giving the total
is, are you including the roman numbered pages?

Also for us, the cumbersome wordy solution would require us to come up
with it in more than one language.   Have pity on your European and
Asian colleagues who may be using your records please, and try avoid
cumbersome English phrases when possible.