Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:25:55 +1300
From: Ann Ryan <a...@wheelers.co.nz>
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: [RDA-L] Relationship designator for a retitled work

What relationship designator are people using for retitled works?

This is one of the most common relationships that we deal with: "Originally
published as: ...."

The book in hand:

Traveller's French by Elisabeth Smith.
London : Hodder & Stoughton, 2013.

Originally published as: Teach yourself instant French. Great Britain.
Hodder Education, 1998.

9781444193046

Looking at appendix J in the RDA toolkit - I'm unable to find any
relationship designator which seems to reflect this relationship accurately.

I've added the Author/title added entry (as usual), but am really struggling
with finding/adding an i subfield to reflect the relationship between the
two works.

What are other people using in this situation?

Regards

Ann

Ann Ryan
Cataloguer