Aurora generators can be used in all off grid applications with full warranty.

http://www.auroragenerators.com/generators

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems

On May 5, 2016, at 8:11 AM, Luke Christy <sgsrenewab...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Wrenches,
I have been following this thread with interest ever since Lena started it a
few days ago.
I don't have a whole lot to add but I thought I would chime in.

I struggle with the same issues I've heard from others on the list of needing
good quality, smaller (8-15kW) generator options for off-grid. My
interpretation of the consensus is that there is a lot of stuff available in
the higher dollar, commercial category, but for smaller gensets the options
still seem limited and somewhat unsatisfactory. I have been using Generac
EcoGen units for the last 5 years, and they have been generally ok, though in
my opinion the quality is not there. In addition, when I finally had a major
failure on a unit that required warranty service, the process of getting help
from Generac with that was a nightmare. If not for the generous help of several
folks on this list, it would have been even worse. As Allan pointed out
upthread, Generac is simply not set up to deal with the needs of Wrenches who
support off-grid installations. This is especially true for remote locations.

For those of you who have been using the 14RES from Kohler, do they reduce the
warranty period for Off-Grid installations?

-Luke

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professionalâ„¢: Certification #031409-25
NABCEP Certified Solar Heating Installerâ„¢: Certification #ST032611-03

Solar Gain Services, LLC
PO Box 531
Monte Vista, CO. 81144
sgsrenewab...@gmail.com