Ho Jay,

I’d be extremely careful.

First with your pricing, don’t forgive some of your legitimate costs. Add
Shipping & Handling and taxes to all equipment purchases. Carefully estimate
your labor costs, travel to Mexico, shipping across the border to Mexico. Are
there any import costs? What will be other “costs of doing business”?

Second, you know what it costs to run your business. Add the appropriate
overhead and general and administrative costs. Office staff and your salary;
insurance; and other indirect costs. You might tell them what your indirect
cost schedule is (e.g. 15% on PV panels, inverters,  batteries and any other
hardware; 10% on wages and other fees), and if they don’t agree, decline to do
business with them.

Third, I’d set up a progress payment schedule. Arrange for payment in in $US
bank draft (be careful of bogus bank drafts) or other form of payment you are
confortable with.

Fourth, does your existing insurance policies cover equipment and auto theft
(in Mexico)? Get a rider if it doesn’t.

Fifth, don’t provide them with any design information prior to signing a
contract.

Peter T. Parrish
SolarGnosis
1107 Fair Oaks Ave. Ste. 351