Chris,

For Offgrid with minerals in the well water, getting the right flow, the
maintenance that is just not there with a tank heater. Tankless are great
for many but if you do add an open loop solar water panel, you need a
tank.... Just not worth it in places like the south west where there is
abundant sunshine. Offgrid in remote places where service is questionable
or unavailable, we go with the most reliable. I steer them that way for
other reasons also..

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/