I've dealt with tough inspectors in many jurisdictions.  I seem to spend 50% of my time doing education.  I do not just take the AHJs word as gospel and blindly follow.  I meet with them, sit down with the code and we work it out.  I am not afraid to question or protest a decision.  After a few years, the inspectors know I'm not trying to get away with sub standard work, and that we all want the installation to be done right.

-Ray