I second this observation.

I now live again off grid in a narrow N-S canyon in south central Idaho. Having
limited ground space [thanks to county regs] & not wanting roof mounted arrays
to have to clear snow from, trackers VS. fix top of pole mounts enhance my
output & they reduced the # of modules required for my homes projected load
design.

*       6400 watts rated output on 2 Array Tech tracking arrays. Fixed would
have required 3 arrays & 6-8 more modules. Trackers are programed to full
vertical in winter to shed overnight snow dumps, this saves time & effort in
the morning when it’s a Powder day! Can’t miss those Powder mornings.
*       5400 watts per hour in the summer when hot.
*       Up to 8400 watts per hour on a cold winter day. Exactly what I needed
31+% additional output with a 4-hour window of sun at New Year’s Day. So far,
my generator has never started…

*A repeat from a previous RE conversation years ago, I had to see for myself &:

Last house in CO, I had [6] 250-watt mod on a tracker & [6] 250-watt mod on a
fixed roof array.

The tracker consistently outproduced the fixed array by 32% averaged over the
year.

Trackers have their place and advantages. That said, with todays $/watt o
modules if you have the space fixed is a more cost-effective way to proceed.

Signed - A 25-year tracker advocate.

Dana Orzel                              Great Solar Works, Inc.

C - 208.721.7003                       d...@solarwork.com

Idaho Contractor - # 028765         Idaho PV # 028374

NABCEP # 051112-136                        <http://www.solarwork.biz>
www.solarwork.biz

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"