I agree with Bill & Allan on this,  I worked on my first Zomeworks tracker in '89. Trackers add quite a bit of cost and complication, and if they have a failure, they can actually be worse than a fixed array.  The Array Tech trackers would table top in failure mode, which is not good in the winter in snow country. Meanwhile Zomeworks had to be tied in place to not blow around in the wind and often be manually reset from a western tilt on the following morning.  Just check most old Zomeworks systems, they usually have a rope tied back to the pole because they lost their Freon.

Besides water pumping, another appropriate use of tracking is on large GT systems, that benefit from TOU rates.  The late afternoon tracking can help utilities meet the summertime peak air conditioning loads.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760