Yep, I wouldn't even consider roof mounts 15 years ago. Fall danger, leaks, I'm an electrician not a roof jockey....   Of course the mounts, racking, etc have improved vastly, and now I have a substantial ladder collection.  I still prefer a good ol' pole mount for installation, I just can't justify them as much anymore.

And as far as the yard art  aspect of trackers: they are indeed fun to watch.  All day long the sun would pop out from behind the clouds, and then you run watch the tracker catch back up.  I use to have trackers that were making power at 5:30 am, very exciting as well, but just not that practical. After replacing the third drive motor in 5 years, I started manually setting them to be fixed arrays. They used to be fairly sensitive to lightning, I'm sure they're better now.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760