Hey Marco,

            I hear you, we have installed many SMA-40's and we're not at the same point as you may be but we've definitely had a fair number of arc fault shut-downs which take a site visit to rectify.  One location had been experiencing lightening over a year and a half which seemed to be triggering the 8206 code.

            I had to go back three times to one such install. After that I went back with my array map (before an install I make a laminated map of the strings with home-run locations) and started inspecting home-run connections.  I was lucky and found the culprit with my first try.  Somehow I hadn't pushed the wire end which I had crimped on the tip to far enough into the plastic connector....too cold maybe? lazy? distracted?...not sure but there it was, my bad.  I took that connector back to the shop and sure enough it would show intermittent connection with an ohm meter, perfect for an arc fault.

            This doesn't answer your question about the fix but thought I'd apply a little egg to my face in the hopes of saving others the same.

Bill

Feather River Solar Electric
Bill Battagin, Owner
4291 Nelson St.