Hello Wrenches,

You may be aware of this but the -92R firmware supposedly has addressed the
arc fault issue for the US-40 inverters.  See here for the download:
https://www.sma-america.com/service-support/downloads.html  It fixed an arc
fault issue for me yesterday at least.  Bring a thumb drive, the update
process took about an hour to perform.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 10:40 AM Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar <
offgridso...@sti.net> wrote:

> Same up here in the southern sierra. I get calls from ABB and a few from
> SMA to look at systems that people far away installed and as a local 3rd
> party it can save some money. Whatever they quote me I triple the price.
> 1/3 up front and the rest when it is done. ABB is really slow with payment.
> I think they sold their inverter business?  Sunpower is a great panel but
> they have had some bad runs. Probably why there are so many new/used panels
> on the secondary market. They are great for Offgrid ground arrays and no
> AFD.
>
> On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 09:52:19 -0400, Dave Tedeyan <dtede...@taitem.com>
> wrote:
>
> Chris,
> Sunpower has taken some responsibility on some of our older Sunpower
> systems that are arc faulting. We tell them that a system is arc faulting,
> and then they insist on sending up a 3rd party contractor to inspect the
> system and potentially install what they call "Tigo Diodes". I am still not
> exactly sure what that is. It also seems to take them months to send anyone
> to upstate NY, as we have a bunch of customers that have been waiting
> months for the 3rd party contractor to come take a look. You likely could
> only follow this route though if the system was installed by a Sunpower
> dealer and you are a Sunpower dealer yourself. If the original system was
> from a Sunpower dealer, you can also have the customer call Sunpower
> directly.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave
>
> *Dave Tedeyan, PE*
> Senior Engineer | Taitem Engineering, PC
>
> 110 South Albany Street | Ithaca, NY 14850
> o. 607.277.1118 x121  f. 607.277.2119
> www.taitem.com
>
> Solar • Sustainability • Energy • Design
> B-Corporation Best for the World 2018 Honoree
>
> On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 9:43 AM Chris Schaefer <ch...@solarandwindfx.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Got called in by another peer to debug that infamous SMA error 8206 on a
>> 2 year old 5kw unit.  The array is roof mounted on composite shingles with
>> 14 SunPower 345w modules. First time ever seeing this error on this
>> project. I'd love to hear from others as to what they've found or better
>> yet hear from an SMA rep as to what they suggest. Not a whole lot of detail
>> in the SMA users manual.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Christopher
>>
>> Chris Schaefer's
>> <http://www.solarandwindfx.com/>
>>
>> *Tel/Fax 585-229-2083 or Cell 585-748-1870 *
>> *5115 South Hill Road ~ Canandaigua New York 14424**www.solarandwindfx.com
>> <http://www.solarandwindfx.com/> ~ E-mail: ch...@solarandwindfx.com
>> <ch...@solarandwindfx.com>*
>>

>> Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said,
>> "democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
>> willing to work and give to those who would not."

> [...]

Mac Lewis

*"Yo solo sé que no sé nada." -Sócrates*