Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760

On 9/19/19 5:48 PM, Bradley Bassett wrote:
Someone previously at AEE tried to get NEMA involved in setting a standard, but it turned out that they were not getting cooperation from the mfg, so could not proceed.

Brad

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 1:28 PM Bryan Norkunas <br...@pv-cables.com <mailto:br...@pv-cables.com>> wrote:

    Yes, I have seen and have copies of many of these 3^rd party
    “compatibility” tests.

    *From:*Brian Mehalic [mailto:br...@solarenergy.org
    <mailto:br...@solarenergy.org>]
    *Sent:* Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:16 PM
    *To:* Bryan Norkunas
    *Cc:* RE-wrenches
    *Subject:* Re: [RE-wrenches] connector mismatch

    You say you've seen many of these tests in the past; do you
    specifically mean the intermatability test?

    Thanks for the info! (And you also really helped me out
    identifying some connectors on a problem-job a couple months
    back...thanks again!).

    Brian Mehalic
    NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installation Professional™ R031508-59

    National Electrical Code® CMP-4 Member

    (520) 204-6639

    Solar Energy International
    http://www.solarenergy.org

    SEI Professional Services

    http://www.seisolarpros.com <http://www.seisolarpros.com>

    On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 1:07 PM Bryan Norkunas

        Also note the Intertek testing, I have seen many of these in
        the past –

        but never one of them tested with 12AWG or 10AWG connectors,
        it has always been 14AWG for some reason.

        And as a company that specializes in this niche, I can say in
        the last 10 years we have never had the request to manufacture
        anything smaller than 12AWG when it came to PV Connectors.

        *Bryan Norkunas*

        br...@pv-cables.com <mailto:br...@pv-cables.com>

        *PV-Cables Inc.*

        1155 Redway Drive