Has anyone noticed whether the location in the string or the array voltage makes a difference in the failures?  Is this more an issue at higher array voltages (>600 v) and at points in the array that the voltage would be highest?  We primarily do low voltage (<200 v)  off grid systems, and have not seen any failures.  But I'm wondering if we need to go back and start looking for issues, as I can't promise that every module connector matched the connectors we used, especially if as has been reported, some manus used different connectors for neg and pos.

To further the problems, I've personally replaced what looked to be counterfeit connectors on cheap 12 v modules. The connecting metal was obviously inferior: very malleable and made such a poor connection that it created an open circuit.  Luckily this was at 20 v, and no melt down occurred. Also Luckily, I didn't provide the module.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760