Hey Bill,

Yes that's pretty much it.  Stand-Alone Meter Socket to J-Box with Splice Tap to Solar Disco and Main Breaker Panel.  Max backfeed 200 Amps (160 Amps rated solar inverters) for single phase.

You'll need to meet the Short Circuit Current Rating (SCCR) for all equipment and the IC (Interrupting rating) for all overcurrent protection that is required by the particular transformer - service entrance circuit.  22kAIC  minimum is usually what is needed to meet a 200 Amp service supply side connection.

If you have a residential account with PG&E then Greenbook section 6 is the equipment you need to meet.
If you have a commercial account with PG&E then Greenbook section 7.

I just proposed to PG&E to use a Eaton (Cooper) B-Line CIR 124TB as you'll need test bypass blocks as per the Greenbook for commercial.

I plan to follow Bill Hennesey's advice and use Ilsco Splice Taps for the "T" - I plan on using a steel J-box as I'm outdoor in the sun.

Then I feed to an Eaton 200 Amp Heavy Duty Safety Switch for the solar with a combined fuse/switch AIC of 200kA

Then I feed also to a Main Panel with a breaker/panel rated to 22 AIK - some homeline panels meet this criteria and many standard main breaker Square D and Siemens panels can be found for this.

That's it from my end - just submitted this to PG&E this morning and will drop by and check with my AJH this week to make sure it all works for everyone.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Jeff

I just sent my PG&E proposal