Hi Jason,
I have had an experience servicing other's arrays where they used PVC on
the roof. The LB cover does not hold up over time and then water and snow
were getting into the conduit, which came straight down into the top of
that same kind of Eaton panel. Corrosion caused at least one breaker in
there to fail.
Another thing I've seen burn marks on a breaker like that just due to loose
connection (is what it appeared to be, anyway) arcing over time.
Good luck,
Dave

*Dave Tedeyan, PE*
Senior Engineer | Taitem Engineering, PC

110 South Albany Street | Ithaca, NY 14850
o. *607.277.1118 x121*  f. 607.277.2119
www.taitem.com

Solar • Sustainability • Energy • Design
Certified B-Corporation since 2013