Hi Wrenches,

I wonder if anyone can tell me what is happening here?

I have an Outback VFX that I used for my own home from 2006-2018.  It’s a 50Hz
240V unit, but similar otherwise to any other 48V VFX.  It was working well
when disconnected.  I needed to replace the inverter system for other reasons.

I installed this for a neighbour recently on his 48V system, and it apparently
worked when I left the building.

Now it’s not working.  When “off” it shows a warning for temperatures sensor -
fair enough I did not install one.  Maybe when it gets connected to a generator
it will be found a sensor.  This is the only error or fault with a yes.

When “on” it makes a reassuring buzz and both lights come up green and there is
no error or warning in the Mate.  Just one problem - no output.

Another weird thing.  I go to the status menu and check meters  STATUS/FX/METER
output voltage and it says “4V”.  So it knows that it is not working but it
appears to have no qualms or misgivings about this state of affairs.  NO error,
no warning, two green lights.

I tried rebooting with the battery fuse.  I tried resetting to factory
defaults.  No joy.

I suppose I will take it to pieces and try to figure out a hardware failure but
I wonder if anyone has seen this and can give me a clue?

cheers
Hugh

Hugh Piggott
Scoraig Wind Electric