Hugh,

I've seen these symptoms before. The problem was a failed output relay on the ac board.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar

On 3/9/2020 9:25 AM, Hugh Piggott wrote:
Hi Wrenches,

I wonder if anyone can tell me what is happening here?

I have an Outback VFX that I used for my own home from 2006-2018.  It’s a 50Hz 240V unit, but similar otherwise to any other 48V VFX.  It was working well when disconnected.  I needed to replace the inverter system for other reasons.

I installed this for a neighbour recently on his 48V system, and it apparently worked when I left the building.

Now it’s not working.  When “off” it shows a warning for temperatures sensor - fair enough I did not install one.  Maybe when it gets connected to a generator it will be found a sensor.  This is the only error or fault with a yes.

When “on” it makes a reassuring buzz and both lights come up green and there is no error or warning in the Mate.  Just one problem - no output.

Another weird thing.  I go to the status menu and check meters  STATUS/FX/METER output voltage and it says “4V”.  So it _knows_ that it is not working but it appears to have no qualms or misgivings about this state of affairs.  NO error, no warning, two green lights.

I tried rebooting with the battery fuse.  I tried resetting to factory defaults.  No joy.

I suppose I will take it to pieces and try to figure out a hardware failure but I wonder if anyone has seen this and can give me a clue?

cheers
Hugh

Hugh Piggott
Scoraig Wind Electric