Wrenches
We are taking two very different issues and mixing them together. RSD and
Arc-fault are different, arc fault will and does prevent fires, RSD was
brought out of the need to vent a roof that even with the meter pulled have
500 volts and resulted shocks to fire fighters by cutting into roofs or
nearby conduite. This is fact not conjecture.
Arc fault is a fire preventer but requires nothing on the roof when using
string level inverters. Now both RSD and arc-fault in off grid increase the
complexity but the new charge controllers fit the arc and Tigo fixes the
RSD issues.
I know everyone of you learned to use a smart phone and can now adapt again
to this new tech, we have to be leaders in this industry and not well you
know.
Jerry
NABCEP PV Inspector.
Been in this industry since 1978