Hi Jason - I'm not familiar with the acronym AGS, but it will do solar
curtailment via frequency shifting. The tech doc says that the generator
will turn on once SOC reaches a lower threshold and remain on to power
loads and charge the Powerwall(s). So, it is designed for automatic
generator operation. I haven't personally installed an off grid Powerwall
system although we do have one in the final permitting stage.

Yea, the ESS market in general is really heating up with lots of cool
products hitting the market. The Microgrid Interconnect Device (MID) such
as the Tesla Gateway, Enphase Empower smart switch, and SolarEdge Backup
Interface is a particular game changer. For anyone who hasn't read this
article by Bill Brooks, I highly recommend it:

https://iaeimagazine.org/magazine/features/renewables/connection-of-normal-and-emergency-power-sources-for-homes/

August