From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of Jay
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 11:53 AM
To: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Tesla Powerwall 2.0 - Experience?/Generator charging

Connecting a generator output to the inverter output has the potential to
damage the generator control board.

Another way to go is to put a diode on the output of the generator and parallel
it into the DC input to the GT inverter. Preferably you’d want a larger
generator than the GT inverter. However if it’s smaller the GT inverter should
reduce its output if the generator output sags too much. But they might not
play that well together.

Given all that I’ve heard here, lots of reasons the PW isn’t ready for offgrid.
With the specific situation of how do you black start the PW if it’s only ac
coupled?  this problem is common with all ac coupled systems, but usually you
can get a generator/battery charger or dc couple some PV to jump start the
system. With the PW, that doesn’t sound possible without surgery, and probably
warranty issues.

Jay

Peltz power.

On Jul 21, 2020, at 7:52 AM,
drake.chamber...@redwoodalliance.org<mailto:drake.chamber...@redwoodalliance.org>
 wrote:

Larry,

Connect the coil of a 240 VAC contactor to the output of the generator circuit.
Have the contacts of the relay break the AC coupled feed.

Drake
---