I'm not privy to the specs, but from what I understand the off-grid
allowance is less than the grid-interconnected allowance. I'm guessing
here, but I assume they would limit the PV inverter output to the AC power
rating of the internal inverter which I believe is 5kW. That way the PV
output could never be higher than what the Powerwall could handle.

Jason Szumlanski