Howie:

I find the OtpicsRE system to be very helpful.  If there is any chance to
hook up a system, I do it.  Here are some features I like, in no particular
order:

·        The dashboard is well thought out.

·        You can view Event logs and download them as CSV files.

·        I remote start the generator and EQ on systems I maintain a few
hours before I visit the site so I don’t have to wait around for the entire
EQ cycle to complete.

·        If you hover over the bars on the graph you get kWh consumption
and production.  This is great to school clients when they are profligate
with energy usage.

·        I invite my clients to participate in their own systems and some
navigate it well, some not so well.

·        There are a lot of alerts to choose from, too many in fact.  I
created a spreadsheet with all of the possible alerts and use it to keep
track of which ones I want for each client.  A sample copy is attached.

I recall there were some growing pains as the system was developed and some
things I had to get used to.  Funny though I can’t remember most of the
early problems.  I do remember these:

·        I have seen systems reconfigure themselves when connected to
Optics.  Don’t know if Optics caused the problem or it was unrelated.  The
worst case was several FX inverters configure themselves to all be Masters
at the same time.

·        If you sign up for all alerts you will occasionally see a flurry
of messages that configuration changes were made when you know they were
not. I turn off this alert.

I have used satellite internet with no problems

I have extended Wi-Fi with Ubiquiti M2 Loco Nanostations with pretty good
reliability.

Hope this helps.

William

Miller Solar