Dan & Howie,
    As Dan said, there was quite a long period getting out the kinks out of
Optics but now I'm not having any problems.  I'm monitoring 19 systems for
my customers and most problems recently have been getting a good internet
connection.  I finally got one on Huges Net working and all problems were
the wifi extender.  I put in a new one and it's working fine now.  I use
Exede (Viasat) at my house and it works fine hard wired to the
modem/router.  Had problems here with wifi extenders. The Optics is really
useful now trying to tweak systems with LiFePO batteries.  Those delicate
voltage settings sometimes require a few small adjustments to balance
between minimizing generator run time and keeping the battery from shutting
down.  The only problem lately with the Outback/Lithium combination is not
being able to set the low battery cutout high enough on the MATE 3 to get
the inverter to shut down before the battery does.   I've had a few system
shutdowns where I have had to go to the site and reboot the battery.  Many
of my customers are second homes and sometimes rented out so monitoring the
system is useful.  I have had a few situations where I have had to talk the
renters through manually starting a generator or rebooting a battery,
saving me a 3 hour round trip service call.

John Blittersdorf
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installerâ„¢
CV Wind Service (and solar)
200 West Road