Try lowering the max charge amps incrementally.

Dave Tedeyan <mailto:dtede...@taitem.com>
December 15, 2020 at 10:14 AM
Hi All,

I am going to service a system where the homeowner is telling me that their Conext SW4048 had been working fine for 14 months, and then all of a sudden recently stopped being able to charge the batteries from the generator. It is an off grid system.

The inverter would start charging the batteries, but then about a minute later they would hear a relay click and the charging would stop. Then it would just keep cycling. If they turned everything off for a while, they could then turn it back on and charge for maybe 10 minutes before it would start cycling. They just have a crappy 4kw generator from Harbor Freight.

I have not laid my own eyes on it yet, but will be there in the next day or two. Just wondering if anyone has experienced these symptoms and have a good idea of what to look for first.

Thanks!
-Dave

*Dave Tedeyan, PE*
Senior Engineer | Taitem Engineering, PC

110 South Albany Street | Ithaca, NY 14850
o. _607.277.1118 x121_  f. 607.277.2119
www.taitem.com <http://www.taitem.com>

Solar •Sustainability • Energy • Design
Certified B-Corporation since 2013