From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of Ray
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 12:21 PM
To: re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Conext SW4048 not charging from generator

Definitely the generator.  Harbor Freight?  4 kW into a 4 kW charger?  What's
the altitude?   I believe that 4 kW generator is actually only 3.5 kW
continuous rated.   By the time you derate for altitude, and then account for
the generator not being built to be a prime power unit, its probably reasonable
to derate it 50%.  Then yet another thing,  those gennies are 240/120 so you
only get half the rated power at 120 vac, and it unbalances the load on the
generator.  Is that Conext 240/ 120 or just 120vac ?

Its just going to be a head ache for everyone until they buy something much
better.  They really need something in the 6.5 kW to 9 kW range, and 240 to 120
transformer if the Conext is not the 240/120 model, so that the generator is
loaded evenly.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760