Good morning Wrenches,

I’ve strongly been considering using the SolArk 12K unit for awhile but have
heard from a few folks that there can be somewhat frequent issues with the
inverter shutting down from line to line imbalance. As little as 1400 watts? I
could see where these instances would be minimized with attention to detail on
balancing all the loads but if’s as little as a delta of 1400 watts that might
occur with something as innocent as a toaster oven. Seems like it would also be
less of an issue in a grid back up or AC coupled scenario but for off grid I’d
be bummed to be getting calls every couple weeks from an off grid client that
trusted me to offer the right equipment.

How much of an issue is this? Is it getting exaggerated? Those that have NOT
had this happening was it on a full time off grid site?

Has it happened less on sites using the "Limited to Home” mode? I have an
upcoming project that was going to be setup with a couple Radians in HBX mode
and my thought was perhaps it might be an ideal solution there but if the
continuity of electrical service was going to be provided mainly through
batteries and inverting and not through the pass through relays the majority of
the time then the site might likely experience this issue with imbalance
shutdowns.

There are many attractive features of the SolArk and I really like the thought
of taking advantage of the 185 amp DC charger versus the Radian’s 115 but I’m
kind of thinking the risks may outweigh the benefits if these shutdowns occur
even once every couple of months. Any of you have a long enough history with
them to chime in with your observations? Are they most reliable for AC coupled
with backup rather than off grid or the “Limited to Home” mode?

Thanks for your time,
Nick A Lucchese