I have concerns as well, because I too have been considering the SolArk for upcoming larger designs.  I regularly expect the builders to test the system and expose any problems before the owners move in.  It should be able to run any properly operating 120 v equipment there is.  Having said that, I once had a contractor's air compressor not run on one of my systems.  It was an archaic monster belt drive thing, and when I checked it, it had a missing starting cap, and a ground fault.  So no, the inverter should not have to operate faulty equipment either.

I have never had to use a balancing transformer before on any of my systems.  The Magnum 120/240 vac PAE inverters generally will run everything 120 I've ever thrown at them, have full 240 in/out, but they're rated at 1/3 the power of the Solark.  So something is definitely wrong; shutdowns are not acceptable.  I hope Solark addresses this immediately.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760