The Schneider RSD is decent. At least it is useable as a 600vdc disco.
The few offgrid homes that were required to use this had the Tigo units on
the array panels and wireless comm to the RSD. As soon as the inspector was
done, those went to Ebay. I never use a roof but have used a barn for
panels.

AFCI, GFCI, and now RSD are just more things to fail when you
need them the most, like during a wildfire or hurricane.

I know you folks
have to do what you need to do to stay in business. For me, electronics are
IN a covered building.

Always!

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where
powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/ [1]
e-mail
offgridso...@sti.net [2]
text 209 813 0060

On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 07:48:34
-0800, James Jarvis  wrote:  So who has a good reliable off grid RSD? It
all looks like failure prone garbage to me.

 Thank you,

-James Jefferson
Jarvis
APRS World, LLC
+1-507-454-2727

(Sent from my phone. My apologies
for spelling errors and brevity.)
  On Fri, Aug 27, 2021, 05:02 Tump
wrote:  I would once again say that; we as an industry can influence not
only the writing of the code but with what we are _buying_ OR _not buying._
If the devices we are required to install to make things "more safe &
reliable", at the cost of our livelihoods & reputations, we all need to
make the folks that are building the RSD crap and those who require
installation of questionably safe & reliable crap aware of these problems.
WE can thru either going to the code development meetings AND NOT buying or
installing this stuff. Not too easy when a huge amount of solar is rooftop
installs. As many of the installers in the NE know its not a single level
ranch were installing this stuff on, short season & man lift required. Tell
your supplier why you are not buying that brand, let your supplier
border-left:#1010ff 2px solid; margin-left:5px; width:100%"> On Aug 26,