I had a similar experience 13 years ago on a house that had an addition built
onto it.  The array spanned between the original home and the addition, and the
structure would creak in the evening as the aluminum racking and modules
cooled.  The creaking was a result of weaknesses in the structure, but I fixed
the issue by splitting the array where the two structures met.  It wasn't a
very easy fix, but it did resolve the issue.

Cordially,

Nick Soleil

Enphase Energy Senior Product Manager

(707) 763-4784 x7267  // office

(707) 321-2937  // cell

Powering What’s Next™ | The Enphase Energy Management
System<https://enphase.com/en-us/products-and-services/envoy>

NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer #03262011-300

California C10 Licensed Electrician #986315