Hi Dave,

I typically use the same method you do for running conductors between two
non-continuous arrays. I have never had an issue with either AHJ blowback
or actual compromised conductors due to a lack of strain relief.

The only code reference I can think of is 300.4 regarding protection
against physical damage, but you have that covered with the use of a
secured conduit.

To appease the AHJ, you could add some pvc female adapters and gland seals.

Best,

Chris

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 4:43 PM Dave Tedeyan <d...@sungineersolar.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have an inspector giving me a hard time about wire management between
> two ground mounted arrays. The racking is Unirac GFT, and the system was
> too large to have one continuous array. So there are two arrays, side by
> side, with only a 1' gap between the rails and modules from the two
> separate arrays.
>
> We jumped the PV wire between the arrays through a short section of PVC
> for protection, and the wires are secured to the rails about a foot past
> the PVC on either end. The inspector is citing the following:
> ----
> Array conductors found disconnected or improperly connected, which may be
> causing portions of the array to be inoperable and/or pose a shock hazard.
> ----
> They say that they are citing this because there is no strain relief as
> the wires enter and exit the 18" piece of conduit. My question to you all
> is, do you know of any code reference that says that this setup is or is
> not okay? I would also be curious to hear what others do to span a 1' gap
> on a ground mount. It almost seems as if I just left the conductors exposed
> for that gap, there would have been no problem.
>
> I attached a couple of photos to help with my written description.
> I appreciate the knowledge of this hive mind!
> Cheers,
> Dave
>
> --
> [image: Logo] <https://www.sungineersolar.com/>