There is a code citation that prohibits the use of conduit without an end or
fitting of some kind.-GlennSent from my 'smart'phone, so please excuse typos
and spelling errors.------ Original message------From: Darryl ThayerDate: Tue,
Mar 22, 2022 5:48 PMTo: RE-wrenches;Cc: Subject:Re: [RE-wrenches] Wires between
arraysOnce in my life i had an inspector concerned about strain relief, i used
a GBC on each end of the pipe, it surficed. I think i could have used a bell
mouth connector.  On Tue, Mar 22, 2022, 3:43 PM Dave Tedeyan
<d...@sungineersolar.com> wrote:Hi All, I have an inspector giving me a hard
time about wire management between two ground mounted arrays. The racking is
Unirac GFT, and the system was too large to have one continuous array. So there
are two arrays, side by side, with only a 1' gap between the rails and modules
from the two separate arrays. We jumped the PV wire between the arrays through
a short section of PVC for protection, and the wires are secured to the
 rails about a foot past the PVC on either end. The inspector is citing the
following:----Array conductors found disconnected or
improperly connected, which may be
causing portions of the array to be
inoperable and/or pose a shock hazard.----They say that they are citing this
because there is no strain relief as the wires enter and exit the 18" piece of
conduit. My question to you all is, do you know of any code reference that says
that this setup is or is not okay? I would also be curious to hear what others
do to span a 1' gap on a ground mount. It almost seems as if I just left the
conductors exposed for that gap, there would have been no problem.I attached a
couple of photos to help with my written description.I appreciate the knowledge
of this hive mind!Cheers, Dave-- Dave Tedeyan, P.E.Owner | Sungineer Solarp: he
| him | hisa: 1653 Slaterville Rd. | Ithaca, NY 14850w:
www.sungineersolar.comc: (607) 288-2898
 Redwood Alliance

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

List rules & etiquette: