Hello wrenches,

We just installed an GS8048a Radian build with Mate 3SL controller (no Optics).
 We are having some with charging from the generator, as the generator charging
seems to be limited to about 4500Watts +/- (20amps AC) when charging through
the Radian.  It is a Kohler 8.5RES generator and we have the AC input limit set
to 30amps and the Gen input set to 30amps.  The house load is only about
200Watts when we are charging.  The system is at 2200ft of elevation, but I
don’t know if that makes enough of a difference.
The Gen output voltage seems pretty good and holds around 234V-236V while
charging.

Any thoughts as to why it may be limiting would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Amos

       Amos Post
   Integrity Energy