Hello Wrenches,

I installed my off-grid system in 2008. It’s 24 V using 2 V industrial FLA
batteries. As you can imagine after 15 years the capacity of my battery bank is
significantly less than it used to be.

For logistic reasons, I won’t be able to replace them till around June of next
year, but it’s not even into winter yet and my generator is already running
every day.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get through the winter on these batteries
while minimizing generator run time? I’ve got two FM80’s with 3.8 kW of PV, two
VFX3524 inverters, and a Kohler RES12 generator. I haven’t changed any settings
since I installed the system.

Thanks,
Will