Hi,

So today I was planning on loading some cool "realistic" meshes and I
had several problems with it. I used Naali 0.4RC3 and latest version
of Taiga.

The meshes I used were exported through google sketch up, using a tool
to export to xml, and finally ogretools to mesh. I end up with
material, mesh and jpgs files. I also tested meshes exported by
Milkshape.

When I try to import the mesh to naali, the mesh is loaded without any
material. Then, when I attach the material file, nothing happens. With
some other meshes, it only reads the first material. Even if i
separate the materials in several files, there is no way to tell which
material slots correspond to the right material files. Also, I
couldn't see any textures... is uploading them enough?

Finally, I tried to do this another way. I wrote an ogre scene file
that contained only my mesh object as a node. When I imported it, it
loaded the mesh and the materials, but the server still complainted
about some missing material UUIDs... oh, and when I restart the
viewer, i stop seing the attached materials again, either with the
load scene trick and the normal world building way.

So, can anyone please point me out how can I upload a mesh with
materials and textures in naali+taiga?
I mean, i want to take advantage of the "supporting meshes" feature
but I am really having an hard time with it.

Best Regards,
Edgar