On Mar 21, 2011, at 10:04 AM, Macho Che wrote:
> My server is based on OpenSim 0.7.0.2, so I'd like to add some modules such
> as ModreX to import 3D mesh to my server. Any viewer is OK! There are many
> detailed 3D model (we can convert them to *.mesh type) but we cann't upload
> them to our sever. So what we need is 3D mesh supporting in our existing
> OpenSim server. It doesn't matter which viewer we use.

Ok. You could give Naali a shot then.

Are you also using prims to build, or only meshes? Naali has basic prim
rendering support, but there seems to be some bug that some are sometimes
sideways. And it's not optimized for rendering a large amount of prims.

Do you need to have the meshes in the opensim asset server, or could you use
any web server? We've found that e.g. dropbox is handy when authoring - can
just copy .mesh files etc to a local folder, and use the public http ref to
that in-world -- easier than doing the inventory upload biz.

BTW: if you need full and complex prim support and other SL features, with just
some meshes added, the new slviewer mesh beta + current opensim dev version
which has support for storing Linden meshes may be a good option too. Naali is
better if you need other reX features too, like customizable UI and control
logic scripting etc.

~Toni