On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 12:48:40AM +0000, Mat Bettinson wrote:
> Yes. I have to say, I think this implementation is quite poor for
> having paid this much money. What I'd expect is to be able to run any
> experimental Rebol/Core and have the Command stuff as a sort of plug
> in. They're just functions, surely no technical reason why not?

Command features require deep changes within REBOL, e.g. for new datatypes
such as struct!. This goes far beyond a simple set of functions.

> So it's, use Core only and then you can use the nifty stuff (two
> things so far) in the experimentals - or try to make do with what
> Command provides as standard. Not good.

True, but only temporary. Command is a commercial product, with full
customer support and very thorough testing. Core experimentals are
temporary, time-limited versions for interested "gurus" -- not guaranteed
to be stable or tested at all. Once all new features of Core experimentals
are stable and tested, expect them to be included in the full versions of
all REBOL products.

--
Holger Kruse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]