Petr said:

> I am not sure you understand my point of view? I haven't said anything
> about breaking cross-platform compatibility. But - being able to execute
> external app by:
>
> call "some.exe"
>
> sounds pretty the same to me as
>
> do %some.r
>
> - as what if I don't have %some.r available? What if %some.r refers to any
> of your images you forgot to send me? I regard it being just completly the
> same kind of dependence upon "external environment"

Hi, it's a bit crazy to argue that these are the same.
I can send you the images and the scripts, problem solved!
I can't send you the exe file if you're using a different platform.

System calls complicate things a lot.
People might use grep for instance instead of parse, because they know how
to use grep and haven't bothered to look at the docs for parse.

Gisle