At 04:32 PM 8/4/02 +0200, Andreas ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>'alter in new /core is broken:
>
> >> s: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]
>== [1 2 3 4 5 6]
> >> alter s 4
>== [2 3 4 5 6]
>
>a quick look at the 'source reveals the problem
>
>   either temp: find series value [remove series] [append series value]
>
>should read
>
>   either temp: find series value [remove temp] [append series value]
>
>[submitted to feedback]

I think it should be

   either temp: find series value [head remove temp] [append series value]

for consistent behavior. I submitted my version to feedback
as well (alas, before I read your message).

By the way, the function is identically broken in /View.
Perhaps it was broken all along, but no one wrote code that
needed it to work correctly before, just for the trivial
case of the item always being in the first position.

Brian